17.03.2020 – At the Annual General Meeting of Kraftwerke Sarganserland AG (KSL), the shareholders approved the 2018/19 annual financial statement. KSL has had a productive year of operations.
The two power plants in Mapragg and Sarelli produced a total of 544 GWh of electricity in the 2018/19 financial year. Production was thus around 20% above the long-term average. To drive the storage pumps, KSL drew around 255 GWh of electricity from the extra-high voltage grid. Instead of pump operation, the units in Mapragg were also used on various occasions to provide ancillary services in the extra-high voltage grid. Annual costs fell by around 2% in the year under review and amounted to CHF 25.1 million. Due to the lower annual costs and higher production, the kilowatt hour price of the energy supplied fell from 5.24 to 4.63 Swiss cents.
KSL's power plants were part of Axpo's "Hydro 4.0" pilot project in the financial year. The aim of this initiative is to digitize processes in hydroelectric power plants. A total of 20 use cases were digitally implemented in the power plant. The digital hydroelectric power plant is unique in Switzerland and one of few in Europe.
The shareholders of Kraftwerke Sarganserland AG approved the annual financial statements and decided to pay a dividend of CHF 500,000. The members of the Board of Directors - Yvonne Walser Georgy, Jörg Huwyler, Ferdinand Riederer, Michael Schärli and Hans-Peter Zehnder - were confirmed in their positions.
Kraftwerke Sarganserland AG is a partner company of Axpo and the Canton of St. Gallen. Axpo holds 98.5% of the shares, the canton of St. Gallen the remaining 1.5%.
By clicking the "Ok" checkbox, you agree to the storage of cookies on your device in order to improve the navigation through this website, to analyze their performance through this website as well as to assist us in our marketing activities that may be carried out. We inform you that the cookies are disabled by default. If you want to modify your preferences you can access and/or obtain more information by displaying the "Show details / Settings".