Switch to the Axpo Group website.

Go to Axpo Group website.

KSL: Above-average production year


18.03.21 - The shareholders of Kraftwerke Sarganserland AG (KSL) approved the annual financial statements and confirmed the board of directors at the annual general meeting. Electricity production in the 2019/20 financial year was around 16 percent above the long-term average.

The power plant stages in Mapragg and Sarelli produced a total of 526 million kilowatt hours of electricity in financial year 2019/20. This figure is above the long-term average, which can be attributed to the warm winter with high precipitation. KSL purchased 253 million kilowatt-hours of electricity to power the storage pumps. Annual costs charged to partners rose by around 4 percent year-on-year to 26.1 million Swiss francs. Due to the higher annual costs and the slightly lower production compared to the previous year, the price per kilowatt hour of energy supplied increased from 4.63 to 5 Swiss cents.

"Hydro 4.0" on track

The "Hydro 4.0" pilot project was driven forward in the year under review. Various digital applications were introduced at KSL, tested and their benefits evaluated. As part of "Hydro 4.0," processes in the hydropower plants are to be digitized. KSL is the first digital hydropower plant in Switzerland.

Board of Directors confirmed

KSL shareholders approved the annual financial statements and decided to pay a dividend of 500,000 Swiss francs. The members of the Board of Directors - Yvonne Walser Georgy, Jörg Huwyler, Ferdinand Riederer, Michael Schärli and Hans-Peter Zehnder - were confirmed in office.

Kraftwerke Sarganserland AG is a partner company of Axpo and the Canton of St. Gallen. Axpo holds 98.5 percent of the shares, the Canton of St. Gallen the remaining 1.5 percent.

About Axpo: Axpo is Switzerland's largest producer of renewable energy and an international leader in energy trading and the marketing of solar and wind power. 5000 employees combine experience and expertise with a passion for innovation. Axpo develops innovative energy solutions for its customers based on state-of-the-art technologies in 30 countries in Europe, USA and Asia.

Axpo Holding AG

Corporate Communications


T 0800 44 11 00 (Schweiz) 
T +41 56 200 41 10 (International)

(08.00 - 17.30)

More media releases

Show all

Ad hoc announcement 19.01.2024

Axpo Holding AG General Meeting – Shareholders forego a dividend

Read more

Ad hoc announcement 08.12.2022

A year marked by unprecedented turmoil on energy markets

Read more

Ad hoc announcement 11.05.2022

Axpo issues EUR 600 million sustainability-linked Schuldschein loan

Read more